Access Databases Off Campus
Off Campus Access
Access to subscribed resources from off campus is limited to current College of the Rockies students, faculty and staff. When prompted to login, enter your College Network User ID and password.
How do I log in?
- Go to the page containing the type of resource you want to access
- Click on a resource title
- The Library Authentication screen will appear (example below)
- Enter your College Network User ID and password
- Your login will stay active while your browser remains open. Should you close it, you will be required to login again.
Troubleshooting Tips - Login From Off Campus
If you are not at one of our campuses, you can set up your College Network Account on any computer by visiting the following page (note that you must be connected to the internet to use this page):
- New Account Check http://www.cotr.bc.ca/cotrlogin
To get started simply enter your User ID (Username) = 7 digit student + prefix "c" in front (example: c1234567).
Returning Students Login Instructions
If you set up your College Network account during your previous semester, then you will use your User ID (example: c1234567) and your existing password. NOTE: Your COTROnline (Moodle) username and password is now the same as your College Network username and password.
College Network Account Assistance
If you have difficulties accessing your College Network Account, contact the Student Help Desk to activate your network account and email.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 250-489-2751 or toll free 1-877-489-2687 x.3333
Provide the following information when you contact the Student Help Desk:
- First and Last Name (please spell your last name)
- Student Number (will be shown on your Registration receipt)
- A new password (You can choose whatever you want. Just make sure it's something that you will remember and that someone else couldn't guess.)
- Information on how to contact you (example: email address or phone number)
The Student Help Desk will contact you when your account has been activated.