Interlibrary Loan/Reciprocal Borrowing
College of the Rockies students, faculty and staff can borrow items from other libraries in more ways than one:
1) Interlibrary Loan
- Students: Each student is allotted 2 course-related Interlibrary Loans per course/per semester to a maximum of 10 items. Renewals may be requested, but are at the discretion of the lending library. If a renewal is granted, it is counted as a separate loan. Interlibrary loans, in excess of the limit, are available on a cost-recovery basis. No charges apply if loans are obtained free of cost. (eg. Public Libraries).
- Faculty & Staff: Please arrange your Interlibrary Loan requirements through the Library Reference Desk (250-489-8292 or email@example.com). No charges apply if loans are obtained free of cost.
- Community Users: Interlibrary loans are available to community users on a cost-recovery basis. No charges apply if loans are obtained free from cost. (i.e. Public Libraries).
College of the Rockies students and employees can borrow materials from participating colleges and universities in B.C.
When you apply to receive a library card with one of our reciprocal borrowing institutions you must present a current College of the Rockies photo ID card.
Library borrowers are responsible for all materials borrowed through the Reciprocal Borrowing agreement. It is the responsibility of the borrower to be familiar with the lending policies of each library from which they borrow materials.
Any overdue fines and replacement costs for lost or damaged books will be charged to the patron by the lending library.
Reciprocal Borrowing Libraries
College of the Rockies students and employees can borrow from the following institutions:
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Camosun College
- Capilano University
- College of New Caledonia
- Douglas College
- Emily Carr University
- Justice Institute of BC
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Langara College
- Nicola Valley Institute of Technology
- North Island College
- Northern Lights College
- Northwest Community College
- Okanagan College
- Quest University
- Royal Roads University
- Selkirk College
- Simon Fraser University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Trinity Western University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Northern BC
- University of Victoria
- University of the Fraser Valley
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Island University