Skip navigation

home icon Library Services
Get a Library Card


Your student ID card confirms that you are a College of the Rockies student. You will use it for all kinds of essential everyday campus activities, from using the library and printing/photocopying documents via PaperCut, riding the Cranbrook Transit bus, access the College’s gymnasium, and writing exams. For these reasons, please carry your student ID card with you at all times.

To obtain a Student ID card visit the Library with a copy of your registration forms or one piece of government issued photo ID. Please keep your Student ID card if you are returning for another semester.  If you have lost or damaged your Student ID card you will need to purchase a replacement at $3.50.  Eligible, full time students will have a U-Pass applied to their Student ID card. Follow this link for borrowing services.


Your College Staff ID card obtained through the Library also acts as your Library card. 

To obtain a Staff ID card visit the Library with confirmation of employment, or an email to the from your department head stating your start/end date, as well as employment number.  Staff cards are valid for three years or until your term has ended. Follow this link for borrowing services.

Community Users

To obtain a Library card you must be a resident within the College Region (Cranbrook, Creston, Fernie, Golden, Invermere and Kimberley). Visit the Library with a piece of government issued photo identification and proof of current address.  There is no fee.  Cards are valid for two years from date of issue and may be renewed if there are no outstanding fees. The Library offers borrowing and other services to community users.